Welcome to the last of the four special episodes recorded in the Podcast Lab during the 6th annual Los Angeles Podcast Festival at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles, CA, October 6-8, 2017. As was the case in 2015 and 2016, I had an amazing time at the festival and am extremely grateful to Graham Elwood, Chris Mancini, Dave Anthony and the whole LA PodFest crew, for all the time and effort they put into creating this annual highlight of the podcasting year. I’ll continue to hold out hope for a 2018 festival, so I can again enjoy a weekend of collaboration to bring you these fun special episodes.
I spent the weekend recording in the Podcast Lab with fellow podcasters and special guests. I asked new friends to tell me about one film that influenced them to be who they are, and had old friends sit down to catch-up with me. In this episode, you’ll hear from:
- Darcy Staniforth, LA PodFest volunteer, writer for Cinema Sentries, and voice actor on Puppet Hunt podcast. Hear her influential films on episode 68 of Movies Made Me.
- Chris Mancini, comedian, co-founder of the Los Angeles Podcast Festival, co-host of Comedy Film Nerds podcast, and Conversations from the Abyss podcast .
- Levi Burns, host of Real Life With Levi podcast.
- Tarik Naylor, podcast fan, aspiring comedian, and host of Randomly Relevant podcast.
- Joe Meyers, co-host of Podcast Macabre.
- Samm Levine, comedian, actor, star of Crunch Time (available on iTunes), and co-host of Kevin Pollak’s Chat Show.
- Ali Handal, recording artist, and author of Guitar for Girls.
- Martin, host of Frightfully Uninformed podcast.
- Finally, we teamed with Brendan Creecy of Radio Brendoman podcast to bring you an end-of-festival conversation with Todd Glass, comedian, and host of The Todd Glass Show podcast.
Be sure to check out all the terrific podcasts and projects mentioned in this episode!
What do you think of the films chosen by my guests in the Podcast Lab? Visit the Contact Us page to send me your thoughts. Or you can send me a message directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you!
Love Movies Made Me? Please help spread the word about the show! I count on my most avid listeners to help reach new fans. Just click one of the images below to reach the show page on the social media or listening service of your choice, then share the page with your friends. It’ll just take a moment and you’ll be making a big difference for me!
Whether you subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play Music, iHeartRadio, or Spotify, your ratings and reviews matter! Provide a rating and your comments about the show on any of those services and I’ll be sure to give you a shout-out on an upcoming episode!
Mark your calendar to download all the upcoming Movies Made Me episodes to enjoy! Here’s a schedule of a few upcoming shows:
January 22 – Episode 76 featuring film composer/violinist Emer Kinsella.