Welcome to the second of two special episodes recorded at the Audible presents Los Angeles Podcast Festival, which took place at the Sofitel hotel in Beverly Hills, CA, Sept. 18-20, 2015. We thoroughly enjoyed attending the festival and speaking with our fellow podcasters, as well as seeing all the fans who attended live episode recordings by some of the biggest names in the industry. Make your plans now for next year’s L.A. Podcast Festival and don’t miss this terrific event!
We chatted with our fellow podcasters in the SquareSpace Podcasting Lab throughout the festival weekend, and each guest was asked to tell us about one film that influenced them to be who they are. In this episode, you’ll hear from:
- Augie Lopez, host of The Late Night Early Morning Show on the Bound Network
- Espree Devora, host of We Are LA Tech
- Leonard Maltin, film critic, host of Maltin on Movies, and author of TCM Presents Leonard Maltin’s Classic Film Guide: From the Silent Era Through 1965 (3rd edition)
- Aaron Brodkin, host of What the Pod F Bang Bang
- Andrew Linde, host of Shut Up, Leonard and Nerds Eye View, producer of Pick Your Path on the Benview Network
- Matt Benson, host of Benview on Spielberg on the Benview Network
- Will Runyon Jr, producer of Lake Kinnikinnick
- Alexandra August, host of GoT Thrones?
- Rob Walch, host of Today in iOS and VP Podcaster Relations for Libsyn
- Marc Maron, host of WTF with Marc Maron and star of IFC’s Maron
Be sure to listen and subscribe to all the terrific podcasts mentioned in this episode! Share the podcast love!
Did you miss our first episode from the Los Angeles Podcast Festival? Listen to episode 16, featuring Greg Proops and Todd Glass now!
Join us again November 16 for episode 19, featuring actor Clancy Brown (“The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eighth Dimension,” “Highlander,” “The Shawshank Redemption,” “Spongebob Squarepants”).
What do you think of the films chosen by our guests in this episode? Tell us by commenting here, or leave us your thoughts on Facebook or Twitter. Remember, you can now follow us on Instagram!
You can help us reach a wider audience! Simply subscribe to the Movies Made Me podcast on iTunes and Stitcher, then give us a rating. You’ll never miss an episode and you’ll earn our deepest gratitude. Let us know when you’ve subscribed and rated us on both services, so we can publicly thank you!