Welcome to the first of two special episodes recorded at the Audible presents Los Angeles Podcast Festival, which took place at the Sofitel hotel in Beverly Hills, CA, Sept. 18-20, 2015. We highly recommend this event to both podcasters and fans alike, as it is a high-energy, positive atmosphere in which to create and consume podcasts. Up-and-coming shows like Movies Made Me and hugely popular shows like WTF with Marc Maron join together to celebrate the growing podcast community. Make your plans now for next year’s L.A. Podcast Festival!
Recording in the SquareSpace Podcasting Lab at the event, we invited our fellow podcasters to tell us about one film that influenced them to be who they are. In this episode, you’ll hear from:
- Phil Vecchio, co-host of RadioBrendoman on the Benview Network
- Brendan Creecy, co-host of Radio Brendoman on the Benview Network
- Greg Proops, host of The Smartest Man in the World Proopcast and Greg Proops Film Club
- Michael Marques, Twitter: @magicmarques
- Morgan Pratt, Instagram: morgan_j7
- Emil Grecian, Instagram: e.grecian
- Chris Mancini, host of Comedy Film Nerds, writer/executive producer of Earbuds documentary, and a founder of the Los Angeles Podcast Festival
- Patrick Foss, host of Repeat All podcast
- Todd Glass, comedian and host of The Todd Glass Show
Be sure to listen and subscribe to all the terrific podcasts mentioned in this episode! Share the podcast love!
Join us October 19 for Movies Made Me episode 17, featuring Tara Ison, author of Reeling Through Life: How I Learned to Live, Love, and Die at the Movies. Also join us November 2 for episode 18, which will be the second of our special episodes from the Los Angeles Podcast Festival, featuring Leonard Maltin and Marc Maron.