Welcome to the second of three special episodes recorded at the 5th annual Los Angeles Podcast Festival, which took place at the Sofitel hotel in Beverly Hills, CA, Sept. 23-25, 2016. After last year’s festival, we didn’t dare dream our second visit could match the excitement and amazingly good time we’d had. But, it did! Whether you are a podcaster or a podcast fan, we urge you to make your plans now for next year’s L.A. Podcast Festival. We guarantee we’ll be there!
In the boisterous Podcast Lab, we recorded segments with our fellow podcasters and special guests throughout the weekend. Each guest was asked to tell us about one film that influenced them to be who they are. In this episode, you’ll hear from:
- Matt Slayer, co-host of the 288 Podcast
- Lance Voellger, host of Terrifically Tough Tuesday Trivia
- Priya Wellington, Sparemin.com
- Jud Wellington, Sparemin.com
- Oliver Wellington, Sparemin.com
- Janet Varney, star of Stan Against Evil on IFC and host of The JV Club podcast
- Brock Powell, co-host of Unpop Podcast, voiceover artist, and past Movies Made Me guest
- Mike Blejer, comedian and star of Haze
- Chris Mancini, one of the founders of the Los Angeles Podcast Festival, comedian, co-host of Comedy Film Nerds podcast, and writer/star of Ear Buds: The Podcasting Documentary
- Darcy Staniforth, Writer for Cinema Sentries
- Murray Valeriano, Comedian and host of the Road Stories podcast
Be sure to check out all the terrific podcasts and projects mentioned in this episode!
Join us again December 26 for episode 48, our third and final episode from this year’s Los Angeles Podcast Festival, featuring Samm Levine (co-host of Kevin Pollak’s Chat Show and star of Freaks & Geeks), Wayne Federman (comedian, actor, and host of Human Conversation podcast), Todd Glass (comedian and host of The Todd Glass Show), and Dave Anthony (co-founder of the Los Angeles Podcast Festival, comedian, actor, and host of The Dollop podcast).
Also join us January 9 for episode 49 with PJ Haarsma, author of The SoftwireSeries, Rings of Orbis books and Executive Producer of Con Man starring Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion on Comic-Con HQ (season 2 now available!). Be sure to check out the Spectrum comic book and Con Man: The Game!
What do you think of the films chosen by our guests in this episode? Visit our Contact Us page to send us your thoughts. Or you can send us a message directly by emailing email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Be sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all the latest Movies Made Me information, DVR alerts, and unique content.
Whether you subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play Music, or iHeartRadio, your ratings and reviews matter! Provide us a rating and your comments about the show on any of those services and we’ll be sure to give you a shout-out on an upcoming episode!
Click here to listen to episode 47.