Welcome to the third of four special episodes recorded in the Podcast Lab during the 6th annual Los Angeles Podcast Festival at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles, CA, October 6-8, 2017. The Podcast Lab is a noisy, frenetic environment, which you’ll undoubtedly hear in these recordings, because it is a place of creativity and collaboration between podcasters and fans. Attending LA PodFest is the absolute highlight of the year for me and I hope the energy and excitement of the weekend is conveyed in what you’ll hear in this episode.
I spent the weekend recording in the Podcast Lab with fellow podcasters and special guests. I asked new friends to tell me about one film that influenced them to be who they are, and had old friends sit down to catch-up with me. In this episode, you’ll hear from:
- Perla X. Caballero-Hoblit, podcast fan and Movies Made Me listener.
- Chris Troutt, author of the recently released book We’ll Be Right Back!: Televisions Reunions, Revivals and Reboots .
- Mike Schmidt, comedian, host of The 40 Year-Old Boy podcast.
- John Sharappa, podcast fan and former comedian.
- Jackie Kashian, comedian, host of The Dork Forest and The Jackie And Laurie Show podcasts.
- Travis Clark, actor/writer, co-host of Quick Question podcast.
- Jonathan Sadowski, actor on Freeform TV’s Young & Hungry, co-host of Quick Question podcast.
- Will Runyon, Jr., host of the upcoming Processing podcast.
- Paul Gilmartin, comedian, host of Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast.
Be sure to check out all the terrific podcasts and projects mentioned in this episode!
What do you think of the films chosen by my guests in the Podcast Lab? Visit the Contact Us page to send me your thoughts. Or you can send me a message directly by emailing email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Love Movies Made Me? Please help spread the word about the show! I count on my most avid listeners to help reach new fans. Just click one of the images below to reach the show page on the social media or listening service of your choice, then share the page with your friends. It’ll just take a moment and you’ll be making a big difference for me!
Be sure you follow the show on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all the latest Movies Made Me information, DVR alerts, and unique content.
Whether you subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play Music, iHeartRadio, or Spotify, your ratings and reviews matter! Provide a rating and your comments about the show on any of those services and I’ll be sure to give you a shout-out on an upcoming episode!
Click here to listen to episode 74.
Mark your calendar to download all the upcoming Movies Made Me episodes to enjoy! Here’s a schedule of a few upcoming shows:
January 8 – Episode 75, part 4 of 4 from the Los Angeles Podcast Festival, featuring Todd Glass, Samm Levine, and Chris Mancini.
January 22 – Episode 76 featuring film composer/violinist Emer Kinsella.
February 5 – Episode 77 featuring Micah Gallo, director/writer of the upcoming creature feature Itsy Bitsy.