Welcome to the first of four special episodes recorded in the Podcast Lab during the 6th annual Los Angeles Podcast Festival at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles, CA, October 6-8, 2017. Rumors abounded this year that it might be the final LA Podcast Festival, but we’re keeping our fingers crossed for another one next year, so we can again bring you our annual compilation episodes from the event. The festival is an amazing, creative weekend for podcasters and fans, alike. Our continued thanks to Graham Elwood, Chris Mancini and Dave Anthony for creating and producing this annual highlight.
We spent the weekend recording in the Podcast Lab with our fellow podcasters and special guests. We asked new friends to tell us about one film that influenced them to be who they are, and had old friends sit down to catch-up with us. In this episode, you’ll hear from:
- Andrew Linde, founder of the Benview Network, and co-host of Nothing New: A Remake Podcast and Super Mario Brothers Minute. Hear his influential movie choices on episode 63 of Movies Made Me.
- KC Wayland, creator of the wildly popular We’re Alive audio drama podcast and author of Bombs Always Beep: Creating Modern Audio Theater. Hear his influential movie choices on episode 41 of Movies Made Me.
- Ron Placone, comedian, and co-host of The Jimmy Dore Show and 5 Chords and The Truth podcast.
- Greg Behrendt, comedian, and host of Rock Out With Your Doc Out podcast.
- Alice Fraser, comedian, and host of Tea With Alice podcast.
- Diana Rojek-Skonnord, co-host of Happily Ever Aftermath podcast.
- Polina Grinbaum, co-host of Happily Ever Aftermath podcast.
- Murray Valeriano, comedian, and host of Road Stories podcast. Hear his influential movie choices on episode 66 of Movies Made Me.
Be sure to check out all the terrific podcasts and projects mentioned in this episode!
What do you think of the films chosen by our guests in the Podcast Lab? Visit our Contact Us page to send us your thoughts. Or you can send us a message directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
Love Movies Made Me? Please help us spread the word about the show! We count on our avid listeners to help reach new fans. Just click one of the images below to reach our page on the social media or listening service of your choice, then share the page with your friends. It’ll just take a moment and you’ll be making a big difference for us!
Whether you subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play Music, or iHeartRadio, your ratings and reviews matter! Provide us a rating and your comments about the show on any of those services and we’ll be sure to give you a shout-out on an upcoming episode!
Mark your calendar to download all our Los Angeles Podcast Festival episodes and enjoy them during the holiday season!